I have been a freelance translator/interpreter since September 1998.
Employed on a sessional basis by:
- Access to Communication
- Southampton Translation & Interpreting Service (for public services), and Portsmouth Interpreting & Translation Service: regularly interpreting for asylum seekers, health professionals, Social Services, benefits, etc.
- Police interpreting: Hampshire Constabulary and other forces
- Court interpreting: Southampton and other Magistrates and Crown Courts.
- National Crime Squad interpreting for investigation in Paris
- Interpreting for solicitors
- immigration and prison visits.
- Placement and 3 short-term contracts as translator in English translation Section at World Health Organization, Geneva.
- Freelance translator and interpreter since September 1998.
- Specialist areas: European Union work translator for European Parliament and European Commission contracts held by agencies including Bowne Global Solutions and Wessex Translations.
- Legal: court judgements, contracts, legal documents for police and National Crime Squad.
- Property: Documents relating to property purchased by private individuals in France/Spain.
- Advertising/tourism: cosmetics, fashion, tourist brochures, texts requiring creative flair
- 2 years' Spanish translation teaching to final year students at University of Southampton
- French Club at Highfield Primary School